Classroom Guidance Lessons
Week of 5/25-5/29
Objective: "I can... be safe and responsible on the internet."
- All grades, check out (and sing-along) to Safe Online, a song for kids, performed by kids
- Kindergarten View My Online Neighborhood/Do Safety in My Online Neighborhood
- Grade 1 View Pause & Think Online/Do Pause & Think Online
- Grade 2 View We the Digital Citizens/Do We the Digital Citizens
- Grade 3 View Rings of Responsibility/Do My Rings of Responsibility
- Grade 4 View Keeping Games Fun and Friendly/Do Video Observation Form
- Grade 5 View Finding My Media Balance/Do My Perfect Day
*All videos (with the exception of the sing-along) and activity sheets are from Common Sense education.
Week of 5/18-5/22
Objective: "I can... show responsibility and problem solve."
- Grades K-2, view A Bug and a Wish, by Karen Scheuer, read aloud by Julie Jamieson
- Practice “A Bug and a Wish” problem solving strategy with a parent or sibling Activity: Practice & Role play
- Grades 3-5, view But It’s Not My Fault, by Julia Cook, read aloud Tibbals Elementary But It's Not My Fault by Julia Cook
- Practice activity sheets can be found at ButItsNotMyFaultByJuliaCook_Editable.pdf
Week of 5/11-5/15
Objective: "I can... show respect to family and friends."
- Grades K-2, view How Full Is Your Bucket?, by Tom Rath and Mary Reckmeyer, read by WillowCanyonWildcats How Full Is Your Bucket? For Kids
- Grades 3-5, view Have You Filled a Bucket Today?, by Carol McCloud, read by Yolanda Bivins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EuemNAo6XE&t=5s
- Create a “Family Bucket;” add names/deeds to the bucket to note all the ways family members show one another respect
Week of 5/4-5/8
Objective: "I can... show caring by being kind."
Week of 4/27-5/1
- View Be Kind, by Pat Zietlow Miller, Children's Books Read Aloud by PV Storytime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6NUJ2JZz50&t=7s
- View A short story on-kindness must see, ROCK WITH JAHNAV A short story on - kindness must see
- Play a family game of kindness bingo randomactsowwwfkindness.org
Objective: "I can ... build resiliency."
Week of 4/20-4/24Objective: "I can ... explore the world of work."
- View When You Are Brave by Pat Zietlow Miller l Read Aloud l Aunt Michele's StoryTime and/or Courage by Bernard Waber
- Draw a picture of a time you were brave or a way that you show courage
- Complete a self-care plan Self-Care-Plan-Childrens-Mental-Health.pdf
- View When I Grow Up, by Al Yankovic, read by DeLinda Jiles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3GViCamOxk
- Draw a picture of a job you would like to do when you are older
- Interview a family member about a job he or she has had
- Where do you work?
- What is the title of your job?
- What are some things you do at work?
- What skills do you need in order to do this job?
- What is your favorite thing about your job?
- What type of schooling or training do you need in order to do this job?
- Has your job changed in recent weeks? If so, how?
- Grades 3, 4 and 5- continue to work on ccSpark!