Community Service Project - Jump Rope for Heart
Jump for Heart Fundraising Event
When: Saturday, March 15, 2014
Where: Tilden Elementary Gym
Time: ……. 4th & 5th Grade
Time: 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm ……... 2nd & 3rd Grade
WHAT DO I DO AFTER I HAVE DECIDED TO PARTICIPATE?
1. HAND IN YOUR PERMISSION SLIP
* The slip can be found attached to the collection envelope.
* Give the slip to your P.E. teacher …..OR put it in her/his mailbox…… OR give it to your homeroom teacher.
2. COLLECT DONATIONS
* Politely ask family & friends if they would like to help people with heart problems by making a monetary donation. Any amount of money would gladly be accepted.
* People may give you cash or a check. Checks should be made to “American Heart Association”.
*Place the donations into the collection envelope. Record the amount of their contribution on the envelope.
* Be sure to say “Thank You” for each donation you receive.
* Before you hand in your donation envelope…..please change all cash into a check or money order payable to the “American Heart Association.”
*You can register to collect on-line donations – see the “How To” instructions on the back of this paper
*If you have on-line donations – Please print out your on-line report and put it in your envelope.
3. WHEN YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR FIRST $5.00 IN DONATIONS
*Ask your parents complete the verification certificate (attached to your envelope) to receive your first Hero Duck
*Bring your verification certificate to school and hand it in to your teacher to be put into our mailboxes.
*Your lanyard and duck will be delivered to you as soon as possible.
4. SOMETIME BEFORE MARCH 15th THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL MEETING TO REVIEW SPECIFIC
INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT TO DO THE DAY OF OUR EVENT
5. HAND IN YOUR DONATION ENVELOPE
* You can give your envelope to your teacher the week of March 10th, 2014.
* OR you can bring the envelope along with you on March 15th and hand it in when you register.
* Be sure to put a check at the spot indicating your T-shirt size if you have collected $ 50.00 or more in donations.
6. PARTICIPATE IN THE JUMPING EVENT AT TILDEN ELEMENTARY
* Arrive early to register in the lobby, at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. Look for the table that coordinates with your school to check in with the adults and hand in your envelopes.
* Place your coat in the cafeteria. Enter the gym and look for your assigned waiting area. PLEASE DO NOT BEGIN JUMPING UNTIL THE EVENT HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY STARTED.
* Jump ropes will be provided for you…you do not need to bring one with you.
* Take turns with your friends participating in a variety of jumping activities.
* You will be given a break and our PTOs will provide you with a refreshing snack.
* You may bring along a water bottle BUT you MAYNOT bring it into the Gym…, it must stay in the hallway or cafeteria. Be sure and put your name on your water bottle.
* Parents are welcome to come and watch, and participate if they would like to! For safety reasons, if younger siblings come to watch, they will need to stay in the bleacher area.
7. RECEIVE THANK YOU GIFTS
* You will receive a variety of gifts depending upon the amount of money you collected in donations.
* The gifts will arrive and be distributed sometime in May.
8. IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
* Feel free to talk to: Mr. Miller OR Mrs. Wolfinger at Tilden Elementary 610-562-0291,ext. 4506