- Hamburg Area School District
2019-20 Athletics Recognition Program
Linked above is the 2019-20 Recognition Program for Athletics.
Athletes who have earned a varsity letter are identified with an asterisk next to their name.
Varsity letters, certificates, pins and all other awards, as well as a hard copy of the attached program, will be made available for pick up on a date and time yet to be determined. I am hopeful this will be in the 1st two weeks of June, in conjunction with Spring sports uniform returns. Recently ordered varsity jackets will also be provided at the same time.
I am proud of and appreciate each and every one of our student-athletes, coaches, event workers, booster members and parents who made positive contributions throughout the year.
Recipients of our senior awards are as follows. Each was selected by vote among the Athletic Director and all Varsity Head Coaches.
- Berks Sports Hall of Fame Scholarship: This award is a $500 scholarship awarded one male and female senior. Recipients must have made a significant contribution to varsity athletics, the community and high school. Recipients must be committed to attend a post-secondary school, rank in the top 25% and have participated in athletics during their senior year.
- Lauren Shebby & Owen Zimmerman
- Scholar-Athlete of The Year: The Scholar Athlete award recipients are the male and female student-athletes with the highest GPA thru 2nd quarter who have lettered in two or more sports.
- Tamandeep Saggi & Owen Zimmerman
- Pepsi Hawk Pride: This award is a plaque and $250 scholarship provided by PEPSI. The PEPSI Pride Award is earned by the boy and girl who have demonstrated the most admirable qualities and have upheld the highest standards of what it means to be a Hamburg Area Hawk. The award is designed to allow coaches freedom to define their own meaning & vote for the athletes they most feel fit their description.
- Veronica Heckman & Owen Zimmerman
- Sportsman & Sportswoman of The Year: This sportsmanship award recipients are the boy and girl who have demonstrated dedication, service, a positive attitude and loyalty to the Hamburg Area School District and athletic program, while upholding the highest ideals of sportsmanship during competition.
- Julie Harbonic & Mason Henne
- Athlete of The Year: The Outstanding Male and Female Athletes are the boy and girl who have demonstrated the overall highest quality athletic performances throughout the school year.
- Veronica Heckman & Jacob Phillips
Other special recognition awards earned:
- District 3 Sportsmanship Medallion: This award is a medallion provided by District 3 to the boy and girl who have demonstrated the most sportsmanlike qualities throughout the year.
- Julie Harbonic & Patrick Hanlon
- Jerry Brooks District 3 Academic All Star Medallion: This award is a medallion provided by District 3 to seniors who possess good citizenship & sportsmanship, earned at least 3 varsity letters while participating in a minimum of 2 varsity sports during their senior year, and maintained a 95 GPA thru 1st semester.
- Tammandeep Saggi, Julie Harbonic, Quinn Holl, Victoria Rhoades, Owen Zimmerman, Megan Deangelo, Caitlin Steele, Alicia Gough, Alexandra Kline, RE Miller, Alexander Long, Benjamin Adam
- HAHS 3-Sport Scholar-Athletes: This award is earned by 3-sport participants who have achieved a cumulative weighted GPA of 94+ thru the 2nd marking period.
- Tamandeep Saggi, Quinn Holl, Victoria Rhoades, Owen Zimmerman, Megan DeAngelo, Alicia Gough, Alexandra Kline, Haley Gravish, Lane Albrecht, Jacob Fegley, Shane Conrad, Brody Wagner, Kyra Reimert, Abigail Gracius, Alexander Horowitz, Lucas Blatt, Sarah Herman, Brandon Young, Tyler Davey, Lauren Sterner, Connor Gruber, Alexander Menapace, Anabel Kennedy, Kevin McFarland, Luke Bensinger, Ryan Daly
Needless to say, this school year has been unprecedented. Thank you to everyone who played a role, large or small, in what truly was an athletic campaign we will all remember.
With Hawk Pride,
Aaron Menapace, Athletic Director