My Home Page
Welcome to Second Grade!
Second grade is such an exciting time for your child. My job is to help your child become the best that she or he can be. We will achieve this through strengthening their independent work skills but there will still be lots of time for students to collaborate to learn. The main focus of second grade curriculum is language arts and math. Throughout the year we will also complete several different social studies and science units on topics like geography, United States history, community, animals, natural resources, force and motion, and weather. We also complete a hands on engineering unit on building walls. Let's make it a great year!
Important information about our classroom:
- Important papers will come home in your child's take home folder. Please check this folder, remove "leave at home" papers each night, and return it to school the next day.
- Important information can be found in your child's agenda book. It is part of a second grader's daily responsibilities to write his or her daily homework in the agenda book. Parents should sign the agenda nightly.
School supplies your child will need for second grade:
- A durable folder to use as a take home folder. We will label this the first day of school.
- A backpack to help transport items to and from school.
- Headphones or earbuds
- If you choose to purchase extra school supplies please stick to traditional pencils (no mechanical pencils please). Please keep in mind that students do not have a lot of extra room for extra supplies.
- Students may bring their own nutritious snack to school daily.
Parents, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org. *This truly is the best way to reach me.*