Sports Physical Information
TOWER HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP - The official sports medicine provider of the Hamburg Area Athletic Department
DOWNLOAD NEW FALL 2019 FALL PIAA PHYSICAL PACKET HERE: NEW FALL 2019 PIAA PHYSICAL PACKET
Prior to trying out for or joining a team, prospective student-athletes must have:
- The attached packet completed and on file in the athletic office.
- Proof of medical insurance coverage. This can be done by listing the insurance company & associated policy # in the EMERGENCY INFORMATION part of SECTION I.
NOTE: If you do not have medical insurance coverage for your child, contact the Athletic Office.
FEE: A $15.00 fee is required for District-sponsored physicals conducted at the Middle School.
- Payment will only be accepted at the testing site JUNE 5th.
- Payment can be made with CASH or CHECK.
- Checks must be made payable “HASD Athletic Fund”.
- Service charges incurred by HASD as a result of insufficient funds or returned checks will be billed to the family & the student will be restricted from participation until the debt is satisfied.
Q: CAN I GO TO MY FAMILY DOCTOR?
A: YES – However, per PIAA rule, physicals completed on any form other than that provide in this packet are not valid. HASD will not accept a physical with a “Certification Date” prior to 6/1/19.
Q: WHEN ARE THE FORMS DUE?
A1: May 23, if you are receiving the school physical at the Middle School GYM June 5.
- Complete & return Sections 1 thru 6 of this packet to the MS or HS Office prior to May 23.
- Attend the District-sponsored physical on June 5.
A2: August 1, if you are going to your family doctor.
- Return Sections 1 thru 6 of this packet to MS or HS Office prior to August 1.
SCHEDULE for physical at MS GYM on June 5
The physicians have asked that we make no exceptions to the schedule shown below.
Please plan your schedule accordingly. Tower Health will not allow for exceptions.
6:30 PM BOYS Grades 7, 8, 9 7:45 PM GIRLS Grades 10, 11, 12
6:55 PM BOYS Grades 10, 11, 12 8:00 PM DOORS CLOSE
7:20 PM GIRLS Grades 7, 8, 9 8:30 PM DOCTORS DEPART FACILITY
Athletic Office: Phone: (610) 562-2241 x2570 ~ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department website: go to www.hasdhawks.org & clicking on ATHLETICS
2019-20 schedules: http://hawkathletics.org/
Students are not permitted to join a team following the 1st mandatory practice date. Requests for exceptions to this policy must be made in writing prior to 8/1/19, submitted to the Athletic Office & approved by the Athletic Director. Vacation and work will not be approved as reasons for missing practice.
1st Mandatory Practice Dates
HS Football 8/5/19 - All other HS teams 8/12/19
MS Football 8/12/19 - All other MS teams 8/19/19