Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Hamburg Area School District (HASD). Volunteers play a vital role in many programs and activities around the District. Before getting started, please reference the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Volunteers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document which outlines the definition of a "volunteer".
Once you have become a Board-approved volunteer, your volunteer paperwork will be valid for 60 months (5 years) from the verification date of your clearances. Upon expiration of your clearances, you will be required to go through the approval process again if you wish to continue volunteering with HASD.
As per Act 24 of 2011, volunteers are required to notify the District in writing of any reportable offense within 72 hours of incident. Please reference the Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Certification for more information.
Please review the following documents before completing any of the required forms:
- Volunteering at Hamburg Area School District - What You Need To Know
- Instructions for Obtaining Clearances
- Explanation of Mandated Reporting
- HASD Board Policy, # 806
- HASD Board Policy, # 916
Please print and execute the following required forms and submit the packet in entirety to the applicable Building Secretary:
- Volunteer Information Sheet - Now Available for 2018/2019!
- Act 151 PA Child Abuse Certification
- Act 34 PA Criminal History Verification
- Volunteer Disclosure/Affirmation Form, OR Act 114 FBI Federal Criminal History (Use Code 1KG6Y3)
- Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Certification
- Acknowledgement of Board Policies, # 806 & # 916
* All paperwork must be returned to a building secretary. Please do NOT mail your documents to Human Resources.Return VolunteersBoard-approved Volunteers will be required to submit a new Volunteer Information Sheet on an annual basis in order to be considered an active volunteer for the District for the duration of their clearance period. Existing volunteers will be contacted by the District at the beginning of a new academic year to obtain the Information Sheet. Information Sheets will not be accepted while school is not in session.
In addition to the required forms above, volunteer coaches must complete a number of certified training courses.
The following free courses are required prior to coaching with the District:
In addition, Pennsylvania law mandates that all coaches complete a basic coaching education program as well as a First Aid course within 24 months of becoming a coach. These courses are offered by the vendors listed below. You will either take the NFHS courses OR the ASEP courses, if approved to be a volunteer coach:
NFHS Learning Center
ASEP Learning Center
Select "Pennsylvania" from the ordering menu bar to purchase.
Select “Pennsylvania State Athletic Director’s Association” to purchase.
IMPORTANT! When applying for a coaching position, you must create a Coach Profile on the Pennsylvania, Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) website. The profile process requires you to upload your clearance verification's as well as your course certificates.
Questions regarding the volunteer process or required forms may be directed to the Coordinator of Human Resources at 610-562-2241 x 1741.