The Hamburg Area School District recognizes that attendance is an important factor in educational success. Our district attendance policy has recently been updated in compliance with state and federal mandates and to address adjustments surrounding COVID-19. Details regarding attendance policies and procedures can be found in the High School Student Handbook.
Absence Notification Procedures
Parents/guardians must call the attendance line by dialing 610-562-2241 press #1, press #1, press #8 by 8:00 am on any day that their child will be absent or tardy. Following an attendance line call, absences must also be followed up with a handwritten parent note, electronic note, excuse card or doctor’s note within 3 DAYS of the student’s return to school.
Excuse Submission Options
1) Please click the following link in order to submit an electronic excuse form:
2) Please click the following link in order to access a printable copy of our excuse cards:
- Excuse Card
- Additional excuse cards can be obtained in the main office
3) Handwritten parent/guardian notes may be written on any piece of paper and submitted.
- It is your child’s responsibility to present the note to the main office. Parents/Guardians can personally drop off notes in the school office between the hours of 7:30 am - 3:00 pm.