- Monday, June 14, 2021
The counseling office is here to assist students and families.
- Students requesting an appointment: We ask for students to request an appointment using the forms found in Advisory or in the counseling office. We will do our best to see students in a timely manner, but it may take a few days.
- Parents requesting an appointment: Visitors are not permitted in the building at this time. If a parent/guardian would like to speak with a counselor they may call or email. Again, we will do our best to reply in a timely manner, but it may take a few days.
2020-2021 School Profile: Click
- Junior Meeting Presentation CLICK HERE
- PDF version, Junior Class of 2022 College & Career Presenation Click HERE
- PDF version, Senior Class of 2021 College & Career Presentation CLICK HEREfor view on Cell Phones and Mac.
- PDF version, PARENT Senior Class of 2021 College & Career Slides CLICK HERE for view on Cell Phones and Mac.
- *PARENT* Recorded College-Bound Student Presentation Q&A. (Oct 2020). CLICK HERE to view recorded session of HS Counselors
*Seniors, be sure to check college websites and social media outlets for more information about how they are addressing the current situation. Admission and Financial Aid advisors are available by phone, email, and some are using zoom or other online meeting platform.
*Juniors, many colleges are hosting virtual meetings and virtual tours. Check the colleges' websites and social media outlets.
High School Counseling Department
The High School Counseling Department’s mission is to assist students in reaching their full potential. Everyone is unique and this uniqueness is reflected in the way each student is counseled. The Counseling Department is available for all students to aid in their personal, social or educational development. Parents are encouraged to become familiar with the Counseling Department; counselors are ready to answer any questions when the need arises.
Throughout the year our counselors will meet with students to assist with course selection, career exploration, college selection, and personal, academic or social concerns. Each student meets with the counselor at least once per academic year. Parents, teachers, administrators or students themselves may initiate a meeting. Whenever necessary, referrals to outside agencies are made.
Students have access to information about colleges, vocational schools, the Berks Career and Technology Center, financial aid, scholarships and the military. Four computers with internet access, career and college information may be accessed during a study hall, before or after school. Applications for post-secondary schools are also available. Students may secure a pass in the Counseling Office to attend meetings with representatives from colleges, vocational schools, and the military. SAT and ACT information are always available.
Hamburg Area High School CEEB Code
Counseling Office Staff
Counselor L-Z Mrs. Alethea Machamer firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Secretary Mrs. Joy Fink email@example.com
Office Phone: 610-562-3861
Office Fax: 610-562-3394