FBI Clearance Exception due to COVID-19
As a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Governor Tom Wolf ordered all non-life sustaining businesses to close and ordered individuals to stay home. Consequently, employees may not be able to obtain an updated Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) – FBI Report certification at this time.
Districts received notice on April 30th that the General Assembly has passed and sent to the Governor legislation that will extend the deadline to December 31 for school employees whose clearances have expired. Under this legislation the CHRI must be obtained no later than December 31, 2020 or 60 days after the expiration of the declaration of disaster emergency issued by the Governor on March 6, 2020, whichever is sooner.
Employees whose FBI clearance has expired and are who are unable to renew their FBI report must complete a Disclosure/Affidavit granting the provisional ability to continue as a school employee until the time that the clearance can be safely renewed. Please forward the Disclosure to Carlie Cole. This form may be submitted along with your renewed Criminal History and Child Abuse Clearance.
Obtaining Your Clearances
Who Needs Clearances? Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
- New Applicants - please submit all five (5) items below with your online employment application in order to be considered for employment. Clearances must be less than sixty (60) months old.
- Current Employees Renewing Clearances - please submit the first three (3) items below to the Coordinator of Human Resrources prior to expiration of existing clearances.
- Contractors/Vendors working for the District - please provide copies of the Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI Federal Criminal History report, and the Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Certification Form. These documents must be received by the Coordinator of Human Resources prior to performing work within a District building or on District grounds.
Please be sure to keep copies of your clearances for your own records. The District is not responsible for providing you with copies after they are submitted.
- Click on “Create Individual Account.”
- You must create a “Keystone ID” and follow the step-by-step directions for receiving a temporary password by email, and then creating a new password. Be sure to keep your Keystone ID as you will need this to log back into your account to create a new password.
- When results are available, you will receive an email. Log back into your account and view the official results. Save the results page to your computer and also print a copy for your records.
- You will receive a copy of your clearance in the mail which can take up to two weeks.
- If you need assistance, click here for detailed instructions.
- Act 34 PA State Police Criminal History Report
- Click “Submit a New Record Check (requires a credit card)”
- Follow step-by-step directions on the site.
- Results will be available online once you complete the process.
- When results are ready, click the Control number, which will bring up a registration receipt – this is not the official State Police Clearance. Please click the “CERTIFICATION FORM” link which appears below the record check details.
- Save this certificate to your computer as PDF and print a copy for your records.
- Act 114 FBI Federal Criminal History Report (Online registration through IdentoGo) (The Service Code for Pennsylvania PDE School Districts is:1KG6XN)
- This is a two-step process: (1) Register online and schedule your fingerprinting appointment; (2) Visit a fingerprinting site to have your fingerprints submitted electronically.
- Please be sure to bring an apporpriate form of identification with you to your appointment. Payment for the clearance is required at the fingerprinting location.
- After your fingerprints have been recorded, provide your Identogo receipt with UEID number to HR.
- If your FBI Criminal History Report is valid (less than 60 months old) and was submitted through Cogent, you may submit that clearance, however, individuals must submit a paper copy of the unofficial Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) report on Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) letterhead.
- Clearances submitted through the Department of Human Services cannot be accepted.
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release Form
- Print and complete setion 1 of this form (including fax number) for ALL current and former employers with whom you had direct contact with children; upload with your online employment application.
- PDE-6004 Arrest/Conviction Report & Certification Form
- Complete this form and upload with your online employment application.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hamburg Area School District conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities. We strongly encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all job openings for which they qualify. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, protected leave status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We prohibit retaliations against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Individuals with a disability who require reasonable accommodation(s) during any step of the screening process or who have questions about qualifications should notify the Human Resource Coordinator. Notification may be made in person, in writing, or by calling: (610)-562-2241 x 1741.
View our committment to EEO: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law